About a month ago, I found Biscoff cookies at my local Target store, which I was thrilled about! They are my favorite cookies and since I can get them down the street, they have been a staple in my pantry. I usually like to have them with with a hot cup of tea, but lately, I have been fantasizing about pairing them with bananas for some reason. Specifically, I have been dreaming of using the Biscoff cookies as the crust for a banana cream pie. I just knew it would be a match made in heaven.
The only problem is that I am not a very patient person. I wanted to test my theory and I wanted to do it now. So, I did what any reasonable person would do. I deconstructed the pie and turned it into a trifle. Immediate gratification. 🙂
Honestly, bananas and Biscoff cookies were meant to be together. The sweetness of the bananas balance the perfect bite from the cookies. Throw in some vanilla pudding and whipped cream and you’ve got a dessert that will please just about anyone! The best part of this dessert is that it is literally ready to eat in 10 minutes. I mean, you can’t beat that.
Not to brag, but I was totally right about the whole bananas and Biscoff cookies combo. It is a total winner.
- 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding, prepared to package instructions
- 2 cups whipped cream or whipped topping
- 4 banana's chopped into bite-sized pieces, with additional banana slices for garnish
- 14 Biscoff cookies, crumbled
- Spoon a layer of vanilla pudding in the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Add a layer of whipped cream/whipped topping over the pudding.
- Sprinkle a layer of banana chunks over the pudding.
- Top with a layer of cookie crumbs.
- Repeat two more times to make three layers of the ingredients.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream/whipped topping, biscoff cookie crumbs and banana slices.
- Serve immediately.
- Trifles can be made in individual portions (as pictured) or in a large glass bowl.