This Kale Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing has been my favorite side dish for months. I just can’t get enough of it, which is great considering kale is so good for you! I literally make it every week and find any excuse to add it to our menu. There are only a handful of ingredients, it comes together in minutes and it can be prepped ahead of time, which makes it a great dish in my book! It pairs nicely with almost anything as a side dish but could also be served on it’s own as a filling lunch too.
Each bite is packed full of delicious flavor – crispy kale, bright lemon, crunchy almonds, salty parmesan and a nice little bite from the garlic. It is so so good!
This recipe is enough to last my family a few days, so I stretch it out by preparing the kale and dressing and keeping them separate. Then I’ll portion some out each night and toss it with some parmesan cheese and almond slivers. Prep once, enjoy it several times!
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches of kale, washed, dried and stems removed; cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt into a large mason jar and shake to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the ingredients to marinate.
- Place the kale, almonds, and parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.