Goat cheese is one of my favorite cheeses ever. I love the creamy texture and tangy flavor of it. I eat it on its own, in salads, but my favorite way to eat it is spread over a toasted piece of bead, especially when it is mixed with some delicious herbs with a hint of lemon enhancing the flavor. Mmm… Mmm…
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the baguette into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices.
3. Arrange the baguette on a sheet pan in a single layer, then drizzle them with 2 tablespoons of your extra-virgin olive oil.
4. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes.
5. While the bread is toasting, mix together the lemon zest, parsley, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
6. Add the goat cheese into the mixture and mash it together using a fork to combine.
7. Garnish the toasted bread with a few rosemary, thyme and/or parsley leaves. Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil over the dip.
8. Serve and enjoy the yummy goodness of this mouth watering dip!